3 years ago this month I started this blog because I kept stumbling on cool science fair ideas and I wanted to share them. It turns out you guys thought they were too! Over the last 3 years I have had over 28K visits and 41K page views for a total of 70 posts. Not to mention the Easy Experiment videos I made with Go Ask Mom!
So as is customary for blog birthdays, I present the top 10 most popular posts!
- Elf on the Science Shelf – Hot Chocolate and Screaming Balloons – Last fall I started a series of activities to keep those silly elves – and the kids – busy
- Dancing Droplets OR Better than a Lava Lamp – It turns out that some cutting edge research at Stanford can be done easily at home!
- Pinewood Derby at the Science Fair – For Boy Scouts who are doing the derby, why not knock out a science fair project at the same time?
- Mardi Gras Beads – An easy use for all those beads with an unexpected result.
- The Hot Chocolate Effect – this acoustic and tasty experiment is one of my personal favorites.
- Chocolate Chip Science Fair Cookies – Who doesn’t like cookies? And the science fair is a good excuse for baking some.
- Eureka! Elephant’s Toothpaste – This post is one in a series of bathroom science experiments that is always a crowd pleaser.
- The Definitive Slime Recipe Book – Does your slime loving child’s slime production have you considering buying stock in Elmer’s glue? Check out other slime recipes that don’t use glue or borax.
- Phidget Spinner Physics – You can do a lot more than just spin these little gadget between your fingers!
- Bottle Flipping Science – This is the craze that just won’t quit! And it seems that folks can’t get enough of bottle flipping science – by far the most popular post!